I am a freelance artist, graphic designer and event manager. This blog features a collection of my current and past projects, alongside some of my inspirations.
Watercolour paintings are my cup of tea, and I sell both the framed originals and a small run of limited edition prints of these works. I am inspired by legends and folk tales, particularly those of Maori and European origins.
I also specialise in limited edition customised canvas or high heel shoes! You will find a small range of ready-painted pairs at my market stalls, but these are primarily commissioned based works to ensure you get the design you want on the perfect fit.
To place an order for a shoe commission email me your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each month I have ~10 slots available for customised shoe commission orders. Orders may be placed within the first 3 weeks of a month; any orders placed in the final week of the month will be transferred to the following month’s list.
This month’s availability for shoe commissions is as follows:
1. Wizard of Oz shoes
2. Monster shoes
3. Hairy McClairy shoes
4. Frozen: Elsa shoes
5. Frozen: Anna shoes
The Order Process
1. Email me your commission request to email@example.com including details such as shoe size, design details and when you would like to have the shoes by (the birthday of the recipient if they are a gift for example).
2. I will email you confirmation that I have received your order within 3 days and confirm further details with you.
3. I request a deposit of part of the cost before I begin your order as this helps me to cover the material cost of purchasing the shoes to paint. This deposit is usually $15 for children’s shoe orders and $20 for adult shoe orders.
4. I get busy with a paintbrush! :)
5. I will email you photos of your completed order along with an invoice for the remaining cost + postage (if applicable).
6. Once I have received payment I will post your shiny new shoes off to you - hooray!
7. I would really appreciate it if once you’ve received your shoes you would write me feedback, an endorsement and/or send me photos of you wearing your new footwear either via email or in a comment on my page. My business relies on word-of-mouth so if you think I did a good job let me and your friends know! ;)
"[Your shoes] look awesome! I didn’t know you could seal these types of shoes to be water resistant?"
Thank you! I’m glad you like them =]
I use spray-on Waproo Water & Stain Protector for water proofing all of my shoe customisations. I typically apply 3 layers of the spray in 4 hour intervals and then leave them for 24 hours to dry before testing them by dropping water onto the design and watching it roll off. I haven’t ever tested the shoes by submerging them though, which is why my advice is generally that while the shoes are fine in a rain shower, I wouldn’t recommend wading through puddles in them.
I’m sure there are other equivalent products around for waterproofing shoes and fabrics, but this is my go-to because it dries completely transparent without affecting the tone of the paint. The whites stay perfectly white =]
Another product I used previously (I forget which brand, sorry) dried with a slight yellow-y tinge which left all the white painted areas as an off-white -> not ideal! If you are testing a product yourself, always spray a small amount on an inconspicuous spot first and wait for it to dry before applying it across your whole design.